Re: logical changeset generation v6.7 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: logical changeset generation v6.7
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2013-11-28 21:15:18 -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
> OK, I've committed the patch to adjust the definition of
> IsSystemRelation()/IsSystemClass() and add
> IsCatalogRelation()/IsCatalogClass().

Thanks for taking care of this!

>  I kibitzed your decision about
> which function to use in a few places - specifically, I made all of
> the places that cared about allow_system_table_mods uses the IsSystem
> functions, and all the places that cared about invalidation messages
> use the IsCatalog functions.  I don't think any of these changes are
> more cosmetic, but I think it may reduce the chance of errors or
> inconsistencies in the face of future changes.

Agreed.

Do you think we need to do anything about the
ERROR:  cannot remove dependency on schema pg_catalog because it is a system object
thingy? Imo the current state is much more consistent than the earlier
one, but that's still a quite surprising leftover...

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services