Re: new unicode table border styles for psql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: new unicode table border styles for psql
Date
Re: new unicode table border styles for psql  (Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Pavel Stehule escribió:

> 2013/11/21 Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>

> > Maybe make the border setting a string containing the various characters
> > by index.  Then everyone can create their own crazy borders.
> >
> I seriously though about it, but not sure if it is good way.

How about having a single "unicode" line style, and then have a
different \pset setting to determine exactly what chars to print?  This
wouldn't allow for programmability, but it seems better UI to me.
This proliferation of unicode line style names seems odd.