Re: Data corruption issues using streaming replication on 9.0.14/9.2.5/9.3.1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tatsuo Ishii
Subject Re: Data corruption issues using streaming replication on 9.0.14/9.2.5/9.3.1
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Well, I happen to have some pieces of such a framework: the parts which
> can automate spinning up arbitrarily complex groups of replicas and
> doing failover between them.  What we'd still need is:
>
> a) a slightly better workload than pgbench
> b) a way to compare and test databases for data corruption of several kinds
>
> Can someone else kick in to help with this?

Recently pgpool-II introduces its own regression test framework
written in shell script which can create a streaming replication
primary and arbitrary number of standbys in single server. The test
scenarios are written in a shell script, thus is reasonably
flexible. I have read through all the thread but I am not sure how to
reproduce the problem reliably. If I would know it, probably I can
integrate into the regression test.

> I think this last issue shows that it's critical as a community to have
> such a testing framework in place, otherwise we really need to halt all
> work on replication until we have such a thing.

Agreed. I think this is very critical for us.
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan