Re: Documentation for SET var_name FROM CURRENT - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Documentation for SET var_name FROM CURRENT
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Amit Kapila escribió:
> While reading documentation for SET command, I observed that FROM
> CURRENT syntax and its description is missing from SET command's
> syntax page (http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/sql-set.html).
>
> Do you think that documentation should be updated for the same or is
> there any reason why it is not documented?

Did you look at the commit message that introduced it?

commit e7889b83b7059e776f0a3d76bbbdd98687f4592c
Author: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
Date:   Mon Sep 3 18:46:30 2007 +0000
   Support SET FROM CURRENT in CREATE/ALTER FUNCTION, ALTER DATABASE, ALTER ROLE.   (Actually, it works as a plain
statementtoo, but I didn't document that   because it seems a bit useless.)  Unify VariableResetStmt with
VariableSetStmt,and clean up some ancient cruft in the representation of   same.