Re: Major upgrade of PostgreSQL and MySQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: Major upgrade of PostgreSQL and MySQL
Date
List pgsql-general
* Ivan Voras (ivoras@freebsd.org) wrote:
> If I read the documentation correctly
> (http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/pgupgrade.html), it needs
> oldbindir and newbindir arguments pointing to the directories of
> PostgreSQL executables for the old and new versions, making it basically
> unusable for upgrading systems which are maintained with packages
> instead of individually compiling & installing custom versions of
> PostgreSQL, right? (except possibly Debian which may allow multiple pg
> versions to be installed, I haven't tried it).

Uhm, don't basically all Debian-based and RedHat-based distributions
support having multiple major versions installed concurrently?  It's a
pretty reasonable thing to need and, imv anyway, all packaging of PG
should support it.

    Thanks,

        Stephen

Attachment