Re: Kudos for Reviewers -- wrapping it up - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Kudos for Reviewers -- wrapping it up
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Aug  7, 2013 at 12:07:32PM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Bruce,
>
> > Actually, for me, motiving reviewers seems like the Lemon-Soaked Paper
> > Napkins, as it requires unbounded effort and its importance is not being
> > balanced with other priorities.
>
> Let me be absolutely clear here: You do not think that the work
> reviewers do is important at all, and you think that our project has
> more than enough reviewers?  I want to be crystal-clear on your opinion.
>
> I will point out that you did exactly zero reviews in the last
> commitfest, which makes me wonder what your opinion of "we have enough
> reviewers" is based on.

Only Lemon-Soaked Paper Napkins users think that everything is binary
--- every effort has to be balanced against the work involved, which was
#2 on my list.

You are getting into some kind of loop where not wanting to expend
unlimited effort on something means, to you, that the person doesn't
think the goal is important.   Effort has to be balanced.  This is not
the first time I have seen such loops.  And why do you even care about
my opinion?

And I have never said "we have enough reviewers".  Is this where you say
I should be doing more?  I thought we dealt with that already.

http://enterprisedb.com