Re: Disabling ALTER SYSTEM SET WAS: Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Cédric Villemain
Subject Re: Disabling ALTER SYSTEM SET WAS: Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters
Date
In response to Re: Disabling ALTER SYSTEM SET WAS: Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters  (Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc>)
Re: Disabling ALTER SYSTEM SET WAS: Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
> > Again, what are we trying to achieve?!
>
> no idea - wondering about that myself...

It seems we are trying to add grammar for modifying postgresql.conf.
Something we can already do easily in a standard extension, but without
grammar changes.

Maybe better to provide a contrib/ to modify config, then design what we can
achieve more with an ALTER SYSTEM command.
--
Cédric Villemain +33 (0)6 20 30 22 52
http://2ndQuadrant.fr/