Re: Adding PgLife link - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Adding PgLife link
Date
List pgsql-www
On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 07:47:29PM +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > Yeah, it is useful enough to reference from our site --- I think that is
> > the open question.
>
> Yeah. How many users do you have today, after having announced it through
> planet? (or have you announced it some other way as well?)

Well, the website displays a dynamic count of the number of users
viewing the website for at least five minutes in the past hour:
http://pglife.momjian.us/about.html

Currently there are 16.  I think a larger question is whether it is
something we want to officially recommend for users trying to figure out
what is going on.

> > Well, momjian.postgresql.org already points to my server:
> >
> >         $ host momjian.postgresql.org
> >         momjian.postgresql.org is an alias for momjian.us.
> >         momjian.us has address 72.94.173.45
>
> I thought that had been removed. It was certainly supposed to be, so we should
> definitely not add anything else on that.

OK.  I don't think I have anything currently referencing
momjian.postgresql.org, and I don't see any reference in the
postgresql.org website code.

I think it was originally used for the backend flowchart and/or my
more-frequently-updated doc build.

http://enterprisedb.com