Re: Adding PgLife link - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Adding PgLife link
Date
List pgsql-www
On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 04:31:50PM +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 4:27 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> > PgLife (http://pglife.momjian.us) is a website for easily monitoring
> > Postgres community activity.  Is there any interest in adding a PgLife
> > link to our main website, perhaps in the "Community" section?
>
> I have no objection to that if people find it useful.

Yeah, it is useful enough to reference from our site --- I think that is
the open question.

> > Should it
> > use a URL like http://pglife.postgresql.org?
>
> If it's a postgresql.org website, it should be managed/monitored etc.
> on our infrastructure.

Well, momjian.postgresql.org already points to my server:
$ host momjian.postgresql.orgmomjian.postgresql.org is an alias for momjian.us.momjian.us has address 72.94.173.45

I could make it pglife.momjian.postgresql.org.  Is that too long?

I am hesitant to move the code to the postgresql.org infrastructure as
it uses a lot of moving parts to gather its information.  It doesn't
seem worth adding that burden to the web team.

http://enterprisedb.com