Re: Success of PG Day France 2013 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Cédric Villemain
Subject Re: Success of PG Day France 2013
Date
Re: Success of PG Day France 2013  (Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-advocacy
Le mardi 18 juin 2013 14:18:01, Michael Paquier a écrit :
> On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 9:08 PM, damien clochard <damien@dalibo.info> wrote:
> > Guys,
> >
> > Just a few words to let you know that the PG Day France 2013 happened
> > last week in Nantes.
> >
> > With 115 registered attendees, we saw a 50% increase in registration
> > from last year. These numbers are extremely good, especially if you
> > think that on the very same week there was a big train workers strike
> > AND a big air traffic controllers strike (Bienvenue en France!...).
> > Without those 2 major strikes we would have gone even higher.
> >
> > Anyway this success shows that PostgreSQL is making impressive progress
> > in France. Approx. half of the attendees worked for national agencies,
> > while the rest were from private companies. Some big French companies
> > are switching from Oracle to PostgreSQL. I hope I'll be allowed to give
> > more details in the near future.
>
> That's really great. Congratulations to all the people of Dalibo and
> the French community for this success!

PostgreSQLFR claimed and keep claiming french-speaking, not french centric
community, here we had registered people also from Switzerland and Belgium.

Anyway, yes it was a great success and I also thanks all volunteers who make
it real.
--
Cédric Villemain +33 (0)6 20 30 22 52
http://2ndQuadrant.fr/