Re: postgresql-server 9.3 - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-debian

From Martin Pitt
Subject Re: postgresql-server 9.3
Date
List pgsql-pkg-debian
Martin Pitt [2013-06-14  6:14 +0200]:
> They are in Debian experimental only, which by definition is "software
> which isn't of release quality yet", and their version number has beta
> in it. It would be rather inconvenient to have to rename all the
> packages once it becomes stable, as we'd have to carry a whole lot of
> Conflicts:/Replaces: etc. around for a long while.

Oh, and more importantly, we wouldn't get rid of a postgresql-9.3-beta
package name anytime soon, as we would need it as a transitional
package for people who did install the beta. That would look even
stranger, and this generally isn't being done in Debian package names.

Martin