Re: Running pgindent - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Running pgindent
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian escribió:

> Done.  This was the first run of the Perl-based pgindent script.  There
> was a lot of code churn in this run as the paragraphs are slightly
> wider.  Also, I saw some outdenting of long lines, rather than allowing
> them to go past 80 characters, but it seemed minimal.  If others see
> problems, we can adjust the script and run it again.

It seems a bit troubling to me that the underlying indent binary seems
to have behaved slightly different.  I think this will cause problems
down the road when we try to backpatch stuff that has been indented
differently on the older branches.

I wonder if it would be best to inflict pgindent with the new script upon
the old active branches as well, to avoid this problem.  (It might cause
other problems, of course.)