Re: Introduction - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: Introduction
Date
List pgsql-general
James,

* Corbett, James (James.Corbett@cra-arc.gc.ca) wrote:
> My name is Jim Corbett and I hail from Ottawa Canada where I work for the federal government as a Java Web developer.

Good to have you; unfortunately you just missed PgCon, which was held at
the University of Ottawa last week.  The list of talks which were held
is up at http://www.pgcon.org and many of those talks now have the
slides uploaded as well.  Other interesting places of information are
http://planet.postgresql.org, the PostgreSQL IRC channel (#postgresql on
irc.freenode.net), and, of course, http://www.postgresql.org where the
PostgreSQL documentation resides (which, in my view at least, is quite
excellent).

> I've been programming for the past twenty years, the last seven in the wonderful world of Java.

If you intended that sarcastically (hard to tell through email), then
you might be happy to learn that PostgreSQL is written entirely in C and
we could always use more C developers hacking on the backend. :)

> I'm looking forward to being part of this list.

Happy to have you!

    Thanks,

        Stephen

Attachment