Re: top posting? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Jim Mercer
Subject Re: top posting?
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Mon, May 06, 2013 at 08:25:25PM +0200, Szymon Guz wrote:
> That's strange. I've never met any newsgroup which would require top
> posting. Top posting has always been considered rude.
>
> We are reading from top to bottom. That's why people should answer below
> cited text, so we can read it later normally. I mean that I should read
> first the part of email you answer to, and than below your answer.

i find bottom posting to be moderately more annoying than top posting.

top posters are basically: i'm too lazy to spend any time editting, so i'll
just toss my comments at the top, because my time is more important than
anyone else's.

bottom posters are basically: i'm too lazy to remove irrelevant content,
but, just to be pedantic, i'll add my comments to the bottom.

personally, i'll read top posts, and be a bit irritated.

bottom posts, i'll generally skip because the author obviously doesn't value
their own words.

--jim

--
Jim Mercer     Reptilian Research      jim@reptiles.org    +1 416 410-5633
"He who dies with the most toys is nonetheless dead"