Re: Bug in tm2timestamp - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Bug in tm2timestamp
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Michael Meskes wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 04, 2013 at 05:08:26PM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > Another point worth considering is that most of this is duplicated by
> > ecpg's libpgtypes.  Do we want to fix that one too, or do we just let it
> > continue to be broken?  I note that other bugs are already unfixed in
> > ecpg's copy.  One other idea to consider is moving these things to
>
> Meaning that a fix wasn't put there, too?

Yes, a fix was put there by Tom (which is why I retracted my comment
initially).  I did note that the ecpg code has diverged from the backend
code; it's not unlikely that other bug fixes have not gone to the ecpg
copy.  But I didn't investigate each difference in detail.

> > But in light of this bug and other already fixed date/time bugs, perhaps
> > it's warranted?  Opinions please.
>
> I'd love to go to a single source. Most of libpgtypes was taken from the
> backend back when it was developed.

I will keep that in mind, if I get back to moving the timestamp/datetime
code to src/common.  It's not a high priority item right now.