Re: [pgsql-www] We should not transition to apt.postgresql.org until we have a PPA - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-debian

From Christoph Berg
Subject Re: [pgsql-www] We should not transition to apt.postgresql.org until we have a PPA
Date
List pgsql-pkg-debian
Re: Magnus Hagander 2013-03-04 <CABUevEzBH4K=zPAXWFTuFaYpOKP_h2_5XHgivWzbi6_LYEAdwg@mail.gmail.com>
> On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 7:44 PM, Christophe Pettus <xof@thebuild.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Mar 1, 2013, at 10:43 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> >
> >> Is fairly close to the stuff we were discussing to do. For one, it should use https and not http, but that
requiresserver side changes so it makes sense Jeff couldn't do that. The complete lack of error checking if obviously
notvery good. But the basic principle is certainly right.

> > Then it is worth Jeff continuing development of it?
>
> As a matter of principle, I don't see why not - though I'm not sure
> how much of this stuff Christoph has already done?

If we are providing a shell script, it should contain the key.

The script we have in postgresql-common now is attached, if the bzr
frontend on bzr.debian.org were not dead at the moment, the URL would
be:

http://anonscm.debian.org/loggerhead/pkg-postgresql/postgresql-common/trunk/annotate/1296/pgdg/apt.postgresql.org.sh

Christoph
--