Re: Re: [pgsql-www] We should not transition to apt.postgresql.org until we have a PPA - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-debian

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Re: [pgsql-www] We should not transition to apt.postgresql.org until we have a PPA
Date
List pgsql-pkg-debian
On 2013-02-19 07:14:25 +1100, Brendan Jurd wrote:
> This may be a daft question to ask at this point in the discussion,
> but what does apt.postgresql.org buy us that a PPA doesn't?

The PPA:
- only supported a few versions of pg, not all supported ones
- regularly dropped releases while they were still supported by PGDG
- had quite a few packages only for certain versions (e.g. pgadmin)

All that is understandable, its a lot of work, but it really sucks if
you use pg productively and suddently no updates are available anymore
for the version youre using.

Greetings,

Andres Freund