Re: Upcoming back-branch releases - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Upcoming back-branch releases
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Andres Freund escribió:
> On 2012-11-26 17:27:11 +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 5:21 PM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> > > I have submitted a proposed fix for it friday:
> > >
> > > http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/20121124155005.GA10299%40awork2.anarazel.de
> > >
> > > For some reason the web ui only shows one of the the attachements
> > > though...
> >
> > Did you by any chance use git-send-email to send it?
> >
> > That one is known to confuse how majordomo sticks it in the mbox files
> > that are then later used to generate the archives...
> >
> > (Yes, a better way to deal with that is in the works. But it would
> > certainly help to know if that's how the email was created, so we have
> > more datapoints)
>
> No git-send-email in this case (although I used it in the past and
> likely will use it again). Mutt instead. The attachements were generated
> by "git format-patch HEAD~2" and then normally attached to the
> email. format-patch is internally used by send-email though, so that
> might be a hint...

The problem is that those files start with the infamous "^From " header
line which Mhonarc is so old-fashioned about, so the patches ended up as
separate emails.  Note the attachment in the email linked above is
empty.

You can see the patches here:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2012-11/msg01278.php
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2012-11/msg01279.php