Re: Upcoming back-branch releases - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Upcoming back-branch releases
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2012-11-26 17:27:11 +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 5:21 PM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> >> There is one open bug reported by Amit Kapila that I feel is important. I'd
> >> investigated this and Simon had volunteered to fix the same.
> >> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2012-10/msg01584.php
> >
> > I have submitted a proposed fix for it friday:
> >
> > http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/20121124155005.GA10299%40awork2.anarazel.de
> >
> > For some reason the web ui only shows one of the the attachements
> > though...
>
> Did you by any chance use git-send-email to send it?
>
> That one is known to confuse how majordomo sticks it in the mbox files
> that are then later used to generate the archives...
>
> (Yes, a better way to deal with that is in the works. But it would
> certainly help to know if that's how the email was created, so we have
> more datapoints)

No git-send-email in this case (although I used it in the past and
likely will use it again). Mutt instead. The attachements were generated
by "git format-patch HEAD~2" and then normally attached to the
email. format-patch is internally used by send-email though, so that
might be a hint...

Greetings,

Andres Freund

--Andres Freund                       http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training &