Re: WIP fix proposal for bug #6123 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: WIP fix proposal for bug #6123
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Kevin Grittner escribió:
> Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> > Also, it doesn't appear that we ever got around to preparing
> > documentation updates, but I think we definitely need some if
> > we're going to start throwing errors for things that used to be
> > allowed.  Since Kevin has the most field experience with this
> > problem, I'd like to nominate him to write some docs ...
>
> OK, will do.  The "redo the DELETE and RETURN NULL" workaround is
> not at all obvious; we should definitely include an example of that.

Any chance this patch could be pushed soon?

The problem is that this patch conflicts rather heavily with my FOR KEY
SHARE patch.  I think it makes sense to commit this one first.

To me, it would be good enough that the code changes go in now; the doc
patch can wait a little longer.