Re: postgresql commit. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: postgresql commit.
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 06:22:20PM -0700, leaf_yxj wrote:
> Oracle database, the other user can't see the uncommited data,  for
> postgresql 8.2 , it looks like once you issue insert , the other user will
> automatically see new record. was it wrong? I am pretty new to postgresql?

Did you actually start a transaction (i.e. issue BEGIN)?  If not, your
statement COMMITs automatically.

Also, you might want to note the remark on the PostgreSQL security
pages: "Please note that versions prior to 8.3 are no longer supported
and vulnerabilities for these versions may not be included in this
list. New vulnerabilities in these versions are no longer patched."
See http://www.postgresql.org/support/security/.  I'd plan to upgrade
soon.

Best,

Andrew Sullivan