Re: Command Triggers, v16 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Command Triggers, v16
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Friday, March 16, 2012 09:55:10 AM Thom Brown wrote:
> On 16 March 2012 08:45, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:

> >> Using latest Git master without any additional patches, I can't get it
> >> to apply:
> >>
> >> Hunk #1 FAILED at 16.
> >> Hunk #2 succeeded at 22 (offset -1 lines).
> >> 1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file
> >> src/include/commands/tablecmds.h.rej
> >
> > Did you read the paragraph above?
>
> Yes, but I don't think I'm clear on what you mean.  Are you saying I
> should use ctas-01.patch instead of ctas-on-command-triggers-01.patch?
>  If so, that patch results in me not being able to apply Dimitri's
> command triggers patch.  And I thought that patch doesn't actually
> cause triggers to fire on CTAS?
Well. Why do you want to apply them concurrently? As far as I understand the
plan is to get ctas-as-utility merged with master and then let dim rebase the
ddl trigger patch.
The ctas-as-utility stuff imo is worthy of being applied independently of DDL
triggers. The current duplication in the code lead to multiple bugs already.

Andres