Re: Call for Google Summer of Code (GSoC) 2012: Projectideas? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From
Subject Re: Call for Google Summer of Code (GSoC) 2012: Projectideas?
Date
List pgsql-general
I would like to see 2 features which I've found useful in other SQL
engines.

1.  The ability to create global variables.  The syntax is usually
something like

CREATE VARIABLE 'foo'  integer;

There could be 1-n of these create.

2.

The ability for the system to automatically called a stored procedure
called INIT if it is available.  This would trigger each time a user
logs in.  It allow for global variables to be setup or call any other
initialization processes that need to be done to setup the environment.

Best Regards,

Michael Gould
Intermodal Software Solutions, LLC
904-226-0978