Re: User password encryption using a stronger hashing function? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From lst_hoe02@kwsoft.de
Subject Re: User password encryption using a stronger hashing function?
Date
List pgsql-admin
Zitat von "Liu, Jianli (Jianli)" <jlliu@avaya.com>:

> No one has responded to my questions. I am wondering if anyone can
> point me to where in postgresql source code I can further look into
> the issue and explore the possibility of this change?  Thanks.

I was already looking for the same topic but could not find anything
useful. Maybe no one is using the build-in password encryption, but
does it at application level with transparent data access?

Maybe one of the developers can explain why the choices for build-in
password encryption are that limited.

Regards

Andreas

Attachment