Re: prepared statements & functions - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Jean-Yves F. Barbier
Subject Re: prepared statements & functions
Date
List pgsql-novice
On Sun, 4 Dec 2011 09:38:40 +0100
Andreas Kretschmer <akretschmer@spamfence.net> wrote:

> > AFAI understand prepared statements they can accelerate
> > repetitive queries very much - but is it possible to
> > prepare them from within a function (let say when the user
> > connects), and if so, will they be erased as soon as the
> > user disconnects?
>
> We haven't TRIGGERs for events like 'USER LOGGED IN' or so ...

That was not my thinking; it was more like:
user connects
user calls the function
function creates prepared statements
user call other fun that uses these prepared statements

JY
--
War is menstruation envy.