Re: plpgsql Difference in behaviour between versions? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: plpgsql Difference in behaviour between versions?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wednesday, November 23, 2011 11:43:04 am Chris McDonald wrote:
> OK, I see it is the term open which fails the syntax checker - I guessed
> this might be because open is a reserved word but
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/interactive/sql-keywords-appendix.html
> does not indicate whether open is either reserved or not in postgresql.

The relevant part from above is:

"As a general rule, if you get spurious parser errors for commands that contain
any of the listed key words as an identifier you should try to quote the
identifier to see if the problem goes away. "

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com