Re: can I show number of records returned by a query in a log? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alan Hodgson
Subject Re: can I show number of records returned by a query in a log?
Date
List pgsql-general
On November 16, 2011 05:07:05 PM hyelluas wrote:
> I see 900 queries sent by 1 client in 7 min with 1 click on the screen -
> does the log show the real thing?

The logs show the real thing.  Gotta love ORMs.

> Is it possible to log the number of records returned by that query?

I doubt the record count or data volume is the problem. It's more likely the
latency cost of sending 900 queries one at a time and waiting for the replies
at VPN latencies.

I don't know how to log the result record count, though, maybe someone else
does.