Re: Strange problem with create table as select * from table; - Mailing list pgsql-general

From hubert depesz lubaczewski
Subject Re: Strange problem with create table as select * from table;
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Nov 04, 2011 at 01:43:55PM -0700, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> >Does it tell you anything?
> You are very thorough.

I hate mysteries. Especially the ones that break stuff.

> I don't know enough about Postgres internals to be much help there.
> All I can point out is the problem seemed to appear over roughly a
> two month period 5/28/11-7/20/11.
> Any new code or procedures rolled out then?
> Any bug reports?

not as far as I know, but I'll check with guys. Still - app changes
shouldn't cause something like this in db?

> Given the turnover on this table it seems important everything is
> 'normal' since 7/20/11.

yes, but we can't do pg_reorg of the table (it has quite a lot of bloat)

Best regards,

depesz

--
The best thing about modern society is how easy it is to avoid contact with it.
                                                             http://depesz.com/