BUG #6251: cannot create roles that can actually login - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From nirodha
Subject BUG #6251: cannot create roles that can actually login
Date
Re: BUG #6251: cannot create roles that can actually login  (Craig Ringer <ringerc@ringerc.id.au>)
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      6251
Logged by:          nirodha
Email address:      erikwinnmail@yahoo.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.4
Operating system:   ubuntu
Details:

I literally cut and paste the commands from the manual to create a role
after about two hours of repetition and reading .. yes, "with login" "with
login password 'foo'", whatever.  Tried createuser - I have to be honest; 3
hours later and I am ready to go back to MySQL.  Documentation is sparse,
there is no forum on the site - I am a bit disappointed after all the hype
about how great postgres is .. 3 hours later and I cant even create a user
that can login!
Thanks.