Re: create foreign table - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Ray Stell
Subject Re: create foreign table
Date
Re: create foreign table
List pgsql-docs
On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 06:43:59AM -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
>> On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 8:42 AM, Ray Stell <stellr@cns.vt.edu> wrote:
>> > http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/sql-createforeigntable.html
>> > It would be helpful if "SERVER" was defined if the parameters list
>> > on this page.
>>
>> We don't usually document required keywords - they're just required.
>> We do document the meaning of server_name, which I think is probably
>> what you were after.
>>
>> --
>> Robert Haas
>> EnterpriseDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com
>> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company
>

>Thanks, Robert.
>
>Maybe if you just added a pointer to the "CREATE SERVER" command in
>your definition of server_name it would provide a bread crumb.

Oh, I see my mistake.  Maybe the inclusion of a link to "CREATE SERVER"
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/sql-createserver.html in the
server_name definition would be helpful, just like in the data_type line.
I was having trouble making the leap since the idea was a new one on me.

different topic 1:

When I put the word "foreign" in the search area on this page
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/index.html
it does not find create foreign table.

different topic 2:

Is there a way to know what chapter you are in when on any page of the docs?
Maybe add to the navigation line at the top:

Home -> Documentation -> Manuals -> PostgreSQL 9.1 -> PUT YOUR CHAPTER HERE?

like this:

Home -> Documentation -> Manuals -> PostgreSQL 9.1 -> I. SQL Commands