BUG #6063: compatability issues - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Praveen
Subject BUG #6063: compatability issues
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      6063
Logged by:          Praveen
Email address:      spkumarvayala@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.4
Operating system:   windows 7
Details:

our application run on following platform
  Operating System: Windows XP servies pack 2
  visual basic: 2005
  Postgresql  : 8.4
  Posgis      : 1.4

 problem: now we upgrading our operating system as windows 7 with 64 bit.
    i am install above software listed above .
   problem is that execption is occured when connection  open statement is
executed.

is  Postgresql  : 8.4   Posgis      : 1.4  works in windows 7? if otherwise
which version is used?
data in postgresql 8.4 can be restored in higher version of postgresql?
please give better comments
thanks in adavance ....