Re: 9.2 schedule - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Fetter
Subject Re: 9.2 schedule
Date
Re: 9.2 schedule  (Greg Smith <greg@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 10:44:20PM -0400, Greg Smith wrote:
> At the developer meeting last week:
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PgCon_2011_Developer_Meeting there
> was an initial schedule for 9.2 hammered out and dutifully
> transcribed at
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_9.2_Development_Plan ,
> and the one part I wasn't sure I had written down correctly I see
> Robert already fixed.
>
> There was a suggestion to add some publicity around the schedule for
> this release.

Already started. :)

http://www.postgresql.org/community/weeklynews/pwn20110522

> There's useful PR value to making it more obvious to
> people that the main development plan is regular and time-based,
> even if the release date itself isn't fixed.  The right time to make
> an initial announcement like that is "soon", particularly if a goal
> here is to get more submitted into the first 9.2 CF coming in only a
> few weeks.  Anyone have changes to suggest before this starts
> working its way toward an announcement?

I thought we'd agreed on the timing for the first CF, and that I was
to announce it in the PostgreSQL Weekly News, so I did just that.

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!