Re: Support for cert auth in JDBC - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: Support for cert auth in JDBC
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Marc-André,

* Marc-André Laverdière (marc-andre@atc.tcs.com) wrote:
> Would you please tell me how you'd prefer for me to proceed to do that?
> Do I need write access to your CVS repo, or should I just send the code
> and test case by email?

Ideally, you would submit the patch, as a context diff, to this mailing
list and then add the patch to our 'CommitFest' system:
http://commitfest.postgresql.org

There is quite a bit of additional guideance on what a patch should look
like, etc, here: http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Submitting_a_Patch

> Is there a specific version of the JDBC code you want me to work from,
> should I just pick whatever is HEAD?

I'm not too familiar with the JDBC parts, you might post this question
to the JDBC mailing list.

> Any specific crypto/ssl requirements to consider?

We currently use and pretty heavily depend on OpenSSL.  I'm not sure how
much that matters when it comes to JDBC.
Thanks,
    Stephen