Re: [9.1 beta 1] log_timezone = "unknown" does not work any more - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Martin Pitt
Subject Re: [9.1 beta 1] log_timezone = "unknown" does not work any more
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hello,

Tom Lane [2011-05-10 10:35 -0400]:
> That was an intentional change, actually.  Do you have a real use case
> for setting it that way?

I don't, it's quite an useless setting. I just stumbled over it as I
use the standard upstream postgresql.conf.sample files (uncommented,
of course) in the self tests for configuration rewriting on major
version upgrade. I'm happy to change them to use a real value.

> > I think this should be considered a regression, as it's still in
> > postgresql.conf.sample, and in the documentation [1].
>
> Hm.  I forgot to modify postgresql.conf.sample, and I'm not entirely
> sure what to change it to.  Maybe just do
>
>     #log_timezone = '(default is system's timezone)'

FWIW, looks tood to me. This makes it a lot more obvious that this
isn't an accepted literal value.

Thanks!

Martin