Re: [9.1 beta 1] log_timezone = "unknown" does not work any more - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [9.1 beta 1] log_timezone = "unknown" does not work any more
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Martin Pitt <mpitt@debian.org> writes:
> Hello all,
> I (or rather the Debian postgresql-common) test suite noticed that
> postgresql.conf's "log_timezone = unknown" does not work any more:

That was an intentional change, actually.  Do you have a real use case
for setting it that way?

> I think this should be considered a regression, as it's still in
> postgresql.conf.sample, and in the documentation [1].

Hm.  I forgot to modify postgresql.conf.sample, and I'm not entirely
sure what to change it to.  Maybe just do

    #log_timezone = '(default is system's timezone)'

Anyone have a better idea?

            regards, tom lane