Re: Different views of remote server - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Different views of remote server
Date
List pgsql-general
On Friday, April 22, 2011 12:52:28 pm Bob Pawley wrote:
> Hi
>
> A little more research.
>
> I accessed the problem table as a remote connection using PGAdmin.
>
> I selected the cell that shows as being null and copied and pasted the
> contents into Word.
>
> The geom IS there.
>
> Using this method the geom is also present, but not visible, in the table I
> am accessing as a local connection. This is the remote database which I
> dumped and then restored as a local.
>
> These fields are not only not visible but they return null when I do a
> simple select query.
>
> I could really do with some suggestions.

Still waiting for a description of the table and the exact data type you are
using. Also are you sure it is really returning null and that you are not
looking at empty space at the beginning of the record?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com