Re: REASSIGN OWNED doesn't for all objects, ALTER FUNCTION seems to fix it - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Frank van Vugt
Subject Re: REASSIGN OWNED doesn't for all objects, ALTER FUNCTION seems to fix it
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

Op woensdag 20 april 2011, schreef Tom Lane:
> Actually, now that I think about it, 8.4 didn't allow on-the-fly
> reindexing of shared catalogs anyway.  So that couldn't be your problem
> even if the test had shown the indexes didn't match the catalog.  But
> it seems the rows actually disappeared from the catalog, and I have no
> idea what would've caused that.

ok, clear

should we even try to get them back by generating them somehow?

we're planning to upgrade to v9 in a month or so....

also: would there be any reason you can think of why using alter function in
the current version in order to correct this situation would have a negative
side-effect?

--
Best,

Frank.