Re: REASSIGN OWNED doesn't for all objects, ALTER FUNCTION seems to fix it - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: REASSIGN OWNED doesn't for all objects, ALTER FUNCTION seems to fix it
Date
List pgsql-general
Frank van Vugt <ftm.van.vugt@foxi.nl> writes:
> Op woensdag 20 april 2011, schreef Tom Lane:
>> To explain your problem that way would require assuming that somebody
>> was REINDEX'ing pg_shdepend at approximately the same time that somebody
>> else was rolling back DDL that had modified these same pg_shdepend
>> entries --- which in this case would probably mean a failed REASSIGN
>> OWNED for this same user ID.  Have you got background tasks that try to
>> REINDEX everything in sight?

> Nope, nothing like that running in the background.

Actually, now that I think about it, 8.4 didn't allow on-the-fly
reindexing of shared catalogs anyway.  So that couldn't be your problem
even if the test had shown the indexes didn't match the catalog.  But
it seems the rows actually disappeared from the catalog, and I have no
idea what would've caused that.

            regards, tom lane