Re: Why security-definer functions are executable by public by default? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From hubert depesz lubaczewski
Subject Re: Why security-definer functions are executable by public by default?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Apr 06, 2011 at 09:06:50AM +0200, pasman pasmański wrote:
> > was pointed to the fact that security definer functions have the same
> > default privileges as normal functions in the same language - i.e. if
> > the language is trusted - public has the right to execute them.
> >
> > maybe i'm missing something important, but given the fact that security
> > definer functions are used to get access to things that you usually
> > don't have access to - shouldn't the privilege be revoked by default,
> > and grants left for dba to decide?
> >

> you can create function in  schema accesible to dba only.

sure. and I can revoke the privileges and grant the ones I need.

I know I can *fix* it. But I just think that the default should be the
same as with untrusted languages.

depesz

--
The best thing about modern society is how easy it is to avoid contact with it.
                                                             http://depesz.com/