Re: Autovacuum firing up during my manual vacuum on same table - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jens Wilke
Subject Re: Autovacuum firing up during my manual vacuum on same table
Date
List pgsql-general
On 3. April 2011, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On Sat, 2 Apr 2011 19:26:56 +0200, "Henry C." <henka@cityweb.co.za>
wrote:
> > On Sat, April 2, 2011 14:17, Jens Wilke wrote:
> >> Nevertheless since at least 8.4 IMO there's no need to bother
> >> with manual vacuum any more.
>
> Uhh, this is entirely untrue. There are plenty of cases where 8.4
> autovacuum can't cut it.

Which cases?
Isn't it more like something else went suboptimal when starting to
think about manual vacuum?
May be i better had written that since 8.4 there's the opportunity
not to bother with manual vacuum any more.

Regards,
Jens