Re: FreeBSD/Postgres/Apache+PHP - Mailing list pgsql-general

From hubert depesz lubaczewski
Subject Re: FreeBSD/Postgres/Apache+PHP
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 12:21:33PM -0700, babak badaei wrote:
> Hello Postgres Community,
>
> Thank you guys very much for PostgreSQL. To me, its the best database management system under the sun. I am setting
upa new jail configuration on FreeBSD with sockets and everything enabled. I can ping localhost fine. The problem is
thatwhen I load a script that connects to the database, Postgres says Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: FATAL: no
pg_hba.confentry for host "x.x.x.x" (my actual web IP). I have done the following on the host machine:
> I'd like Apache/PHP to just connect to Postgres localhost, not via the jail's IP--thus, no change to pg_hba.conf is
needed.

what is your connection configuration in php?
What's the host/port?

Best regards,

depesz

--
The best thing about modern society is how easy it is to avoid contact with it.
                                                             http://depesz.com/