Re: Pre-set Hint bits/VACUUM FREEZE on data load..? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: Pre-set Hint bits/VACUUM FREEZE on data load..?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
* Heikki Linnakangas (heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com) wrote:
> The problem is that you still need to track which queries within the
> transaction can see the tuples. For example:

Wow, that's a good point wrt cursors.  Sounds more and more like we'd
need a special data-loading mode for this where we'd have to disallow
those options.  I've been thinking that's a frowned-upon approach in
general, but let me ask specifically- are we uninterested in such a
special 'data-load' mode?  Or do we expect that the limitations would be
too great to make it useful enough for users?  That last I don't think I
agree with..
Thanks,
    Stephen