Re: Pre-set Hint bits/VACUUM FREEZE on data load..? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: Pre-set Hint bits/VACUUM FREEZE on data load..?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Also, you're not really going to get the whole benefit unless you can
> somehow manage to mark the pages PD_ALL_VISIBLE and set the visibility
> map bits.  Without that, the next vacuum is going to dirty the whole
> heap anyway.  Granted that's a bit better than having the next scan do
> it.

If the premise that we can do just-about-whatever with the relation (and
any sub-components, TOAST table, visibility map, etc) since it was
created in the same transaction and therefore isn't visible outside,
then I don't think that setting the visibility map bits would be a
problem..
Thanks,
    Stephen