Re: problematic view definition - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Karsten Hilbert
Subject Re: problematic view definition
Date
List pgsql-general
I should have mentioned this is on

    PostgreSQL 8.4.5 on i486-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc-4.4.real (Debian 4.4.5-4) 4.4.5, 32-bit

Karsten

--------------------+--------------------------+-----------------------------------------------------------------------
>  pk_audit           | integer                  | not null default
nextval('audit.audit_fields_pk_audit_seq'::regclass)
>  row_version        | integer                  | not null default 0
>  modified_when      | timestamp with time zone | not null default now()
>  modified_by        | name                     | not null default "current_user"()
>  pk                 | integer                  | not null default nextval('dem.provider_inbox_pk_seq'::regclass)
>  fk_staff           | integer                  |
>  fk_inbox_item_type | integer                  | not null
>  comment            | text                     |
>  data               | text                     |
>  importance         | smallint                 | default 0
>  fk_patient         | integer                  |
>  ufk_context        | integer[]                |
>     "provider_inbox_pkey" PRIMARY KEY, btree (pk)
> Check constraints:
>     "message_must_have_recipient" CHECK ((fk_staff IS NULL AND fk_patient IS NULL) IS FALSE)
>     "provider_inbox_comment_check" CHECK (btrim(COALESCE(comment, 'xxxDEFAULTxxx'::text)) <> ''::text)
>     "provider_inbox_importance_check" CHECK (importance = (-1) OR importance = 0 OR importance = 1)
> Foreign-key constraints:
>     "message_inbox_fk_patient_fkey" FOREIGN KEY (fk_patient) REFERENCES dem.identity(pk) ON UPDATE CASCADE ON DELETE
RESTRICT
>     "provider_inbox_fk_inbox_item_type_fkey" FOREIGN KEY (fk_inbox_item_type) REFERENCES dem.inbox_item_type(pk)
>     "provider_inbox_fk_staff_fkey" FOREIGN KEY (fk_staff) REFERENCES dem.staff(pk)
> Triggers:
>     tr_message_inbox_generic_mod AFTER INSERT OR DELETE OR UPDATE ON dem.message_inbox DEFERRABLE INITIALLY IMMEDIATE
FOREACH ROW EXECUTE PROCEDURE dem.trf_announce_message_inbox_generic_mod_no_pk()
>     tr_message_inbox_mod AFTER INSERT OR DELETE OR UPDATE ON dem.message_inbox DEFERRABLE INITIALLY IMMEDIATE FOR
EACHROW EXECUTE PROCEDURE dem.trf_announce_message_inbox_mod()
>     zt_del_message_inbox BEFORE DELETE ON dem.message_inbox FOR EACH ROW EXECUTE PROCEDURE
audit.ft_del_message_inbox()
>     zt_ins_message_inbox BEFORE INSERT ON dem.message_inbox FOR EACH ROW EXECUTE PROCEDURE
audit.ft_ins_message_inbox()
>     zt_upd_message_inbox BEFORE UPDATE ON dem.message_inbox FOR EACH ROW EXECUTE PROCEDURE
audit.ft_upd_message_inbox()
> Inherits: audit.audit_fields
>
>                 View "dem.v_message_inbox"
>        Column       |           Type           | Modifiers
> --------------------+--------------------------+-----------
>  received_when      | timestamp with time zone |
>  provider           | text                     |
>  importance         | integer                  |
>  category           | text                     |
>  l10n_category      | text                     |
>  type               | text                     |
>  l10n_type          | text                     |
>  comment            | text                     |
>  pk_context         | integer[]                |
>  data               | text                     |
>  pk_inbox_message   | integer                  |
>  pk_staff           | integer                  |
>  pk_category        | integer                  |
>  pk_type            | integer                  |
>  pk_patient         | integer                  |
>  is_virtual         | boolean                  |
>  xmin_message_inbox | xid                      |
> View definition:
>         (        (         SELECT mi.modified_when AS received_when, ( SELECT staff.short_alias
>                                    FROM dem.staff
>                                   WHERE staff.pk = mi.fk_staff) AS provider, mi.importance, vit.category,
vit.l10n_category,vit.type, vit.l10n_type, mi.comment, mi.ufk_context AS pk_context, mi.data, mi.pk AS
pk_inbox_message,mi.fk_staff AS pk_staff, vit.pk_category, mi.fk_inbox_item_type AS pk_type, mi.fk_patient AS
pk_patient,false AS is_virtual, mi.xmin AS xmin_message_inbox
>                            FROM dem.message_inbox mi, dem.v_inbox_item_type vit
>                           WHERE mi.fk_inbox_item_type = vit.pk_type
>                 UNION
>                          SELECT now() AS received_when, ( SELECT staff.short_alias
>                                    FROM dem.staff
>                                   WHERE staff.pk = vo4dnd.pk_intended_reviewer) AS provider, 0 AS importance,
'clinical'AS category, _('clinical'::text) AS l10n_category, 'review docs' AS type, _('review docs'::text) AS
l10n_type,( SELECT ((((_('unreviewed documents for patient'::text) || ' ['::text) || dn.lastnames) || ', '::text) ||
dn.firstnames)|| ']'::text
>                                    FROM dem.names dn
>                                   WHERE dn.id_identity = vo4dnd.pk_patient AND dn.active IS TRUE) AS comment,
NULL::integer[]AS pk_context, NULL::text AS data, NULL::integer AS pk_inbox_message, vo4dnd.pk_intended_reviewer AS
pk_staff,( SELECT v_inbox_item_type.pk_category
>                                    FROM dem.v_inbox_item_type
>                                   WHERE v_inbox_item_type.type = 'review docs'::text) AS pk_category, ( SELECT
v_inbox_item_type.pk_type
>                                    FROM dem.v_inbox_item_type
>                                   WHERE v_inbox_item_type.type = 'review docs'::text) AS pk_type, vo4dnd.pk_patient,
trueAS is_virtual, NULL::xid AS xmin_message_inbox
>                            FROM blobs.v_obj4doc_no_data vo4dnd
>                           WHERE vo4dnd.reviewed IS FALSE)
>         UNION
>                  SELECT now() AS received_when, ( SELECT staff.short_alias
>                            FROM dem.staff
>                           WHERE staff.pk = vtr.pk_intended_reviewer) AS provider, 0 AS importance, 'clinical' AS
category,_('clinical'::text) AS l10n_category, 'review results' AS type, _('review results'::text) AS l10n_type, (
SELECT((((_('unreviewed (normal) results for patient'::text) || ' ['::text) || dn.lastnames) || ', '::text) ||
dn.firstnames)|| ']'::text
>                            FROM dem.names dn
>                           WHERE dn.id_identity = vtr.pk_patient AND dn.active IS TRUE) AS comment, NULL::integer[] AS
pk_context,NULL::text AS data, NULL::integer AS pk_inbox_message, vtr.pk_intended_reviewer AS pk_staff, ( SELECT
v_inbox_item_type.pk_category
>                            FROM dem.v_inbox_item_type
>                           WHERE v_inbox_item_type.type = 'review results'::text) AS pk_category, ( SELECT
v_inbox_item_type.pk_type
>                            FROM dem.v_inbox_item_type
>                           WHERE v_inbox_item_type.type = 'review results'::text) AS pk_type, vtr.pk_patient, true AS
is_virtual,NULL::xid AS xmin_message_inbox
>                    FROM clin.v_test_results vtr
>                   WHERE vtr.reviewed IS FALSE AND (vtr.is_technically_abnormal IS FALSE OR
vtr.is_technically_abnormalIS NULL AND vtr.abnormality_indicator IS NULL))
> UNION
>          SELECT now() AS received_when, ( SELECT staff.short_alias
>                    FROM dem.staff
>                   WHERE staff.pk = vtr.pk_intended_reviewer) AS provider, 1 AS importance, 'clinical' AS category,
_('clinical'::text)AS l10n_category, 'review results' AS type, _('review results'::text) AS l10n_type, ( SELECT
((((_('unreviewed(abnormal) results for patient'::text) || ' ['::text) || dn.lastnames) || ', '::text) ||
dn.firstnames)|| ']'::text
>                    FROM dem.names dn
>                   WHERE dn.id_identity = vtr.pk_patient AND dn.active IS TRUE) AS comment, NULL::integer[] AS
pk_context,NULL::text AS data, NULL::integer AS pk_inbox_message, vtr.pk_intended_reviewer AS pk_staff, ( SELECT
v_inbox_item_type.pk_category
>                    FROM dem.v_inbox_item_type
>                   WHERE v_inbox_item_type.type = 'review results'::text) AS pk_category, ( SELECT
v_inbox_item_type.pk_type
>                    FROM dem.v_inbox_item_type
>                   WHERE v_inbox_item_type.type = 'review results'::text) AS pk_type, vtr.pk_patient, true AS
is_virtual,NULL::xid AS xmin_message_inbox
>            FROM clin.v_test_results vtr
>           WHERE vtr.reviewed IS FALSE AND (vtr.is_technically_abnormal IS TRUE OR vtr.is_technically_abnormal IS NULL
ANDvtr.abnormality_indicator IS NOT NULL);

> [...]
>  abbrev_tt                      | text                     |
>  name_tt                        | text                     |
>  loinc_tt                       | text                     |
>  code_tt                        | text                     |
>  coding_system_tt               | text                     |
>  comment_tt                     | text                     |
>  name_test_org                  | text                     |
>  contact_test_org               | text                     |
>  abbrev_meta                    | text                     |
>  name_meta                      | text                     |
>  loinc_meta                     | text                     |
>  comment_meta                   | text                     |
>  episode                        | text                     |
>  health_issue                   | text                     |
>  reviewed                       | boolean                  |
>  is_technically_abnormal        | boolean                  |
>  is_clinically_relevant         | boolean                  |
>  review_comment                 | text                     |
>  last_reviewer                  | text                     |
>  last_reviewed                  | timestamp with time zone |
>  review_by_you                  | boolean                  |
>  review_by_responsible_reviewer | boolean                  |
>  responsible_reviewer           | text                     |
>  you_are_responsible            | boolean                  |
>  modified_by                    | text                     |
>  modified_when                  | timestamp with time zone |
>  row_version                    | integer                  |
>  pk_item                        | integer                  |
>  pk_encounter                   | integer                  |
>  pk_episode                     | integer                  |
>  pk_test_type                   | integer                  |
>  pk_intended_reviewer           | integer                  |
>  pk_request                     | integer                  |
>  xmin_test_result               | xid                      |
>  pk_test_org                    | integer                  |
>  pk_meta_test_type              | integer                  |
>  pk_health_issue                | integer                  |
>  pk_last_reviewer               | integer                  |
> View definition:
>  SELECT cenc.fk_patient AS pk_patient, tr.pk AS pk_test_result, tr.clin_when, vutt.unified_abbrev, vutt.unified_name,
vutt.unified_loinc,
>         CASE
>             WHEN COALESCE(btrim(tr.val_alpha), ''::text) = ''::text THEN tr.val_num::text
>             ELSE
>             CASE
>                 WHEN tr.val_num IS NULL THEN tr.val_alpha
>                 ELSE ((tr.val_num::text || ' ('::text) || tr.val_alpha) || ')'::text
>             END
>         END AS unified_val, COALESCE(tr.val_target_min, tr.val_normal_min) AS unified_target_min,
COALESCE(tr.val_target_max,tr.val_normal_max) AS unified_target_max, COALESCE(tr.val_target_range, tr.val_normal_range)
ASunified_target_range, tr.soap_cat, tr.narrative AS comment, tr.val_num, tr.val_alpha, tr.val_unit,
vutt.conversion_unit,tr.val_normal_min, tr.val_normal_max, tr.val_normal_range, tr.val_target_min, tr.val_target_max,
tr.val_target_range,tr.abnormality_indicator, tr.norm_ref_group, tr.note_test_org, tr.material, tr.material_detail,
vutt.abbrev_tt,vutt.name_tt, vutt.loinc_tt, vutt.code_tt, vutt.coding_system_tt, vutt.comment_tt, cto.internal_name AS
name_test_org,cto.contact AS contact_test_org, vutt.abbrev_meta, vutt.name_meta, vutt.loinc_meta, vutt.comment_meta,
epi.descriptionAS episode, chi.description AS health_issue, COALESCE(rtr.fk_reviewed_row, 0)::boolean AS reviewed,
rtr.is_technically_abnormal,rtr.clinically_relevant AS is_clinically_relevant, rtr.comment AS review_comment, (
>  SELECT staff.short_alias
>            FROM dem.staff
>           WHERE staff.pk = rtr.fk_reviewer) AS last_reviewer, rtr.modified_when AS last_reviewed,
COALESCE(rtr.fk_reviewer= (( SELECT staff.pk
>            FROM dem.staff
>           WHERE staff.db_user = "current_user"())), false) AS review_by_you, COALESCE(tr.fk_intended_reviewer =
rtr.fk_reviewer,false) AS review_by_responsible_reviewer, ( SELECT staff.short_alias
>            FROM dem.staff
>           WHERE staff.pk = tr.fk_intended_reviewer) AS responsible_reviewer, COALESCE(tr.fk_intended_reviewer = ((
SELECTstaff.pk
>            FROM dem.staff
>           WHERE staff.db_user = "current_user"())), false) AS you_are_responsible,
>         CASE
>             WHEN (( SELECT 1
>                FROM dem.staff
>               WHERE staff.db_user = tr.modified_by)) IS NULL THEN ('<'::text || tr.modified_by::text) || '>'::text
>             ELSE ( SELECT staff.short_alias
>                FROM dem.staff
>               WHERE staff.db_user = tr.modified_by)
>         END AS modified_by, tr.modified_when, tr.row_version, tr.pk_item, tr.fk_encounter AS pk_encounter,
tr.fk_episodeAS pk_episode, tr.fk_type AS pk_test_type, tr.fk_intended_reviewer AS pk_intended_reviewer, tr.fk_request
ASpk_request, tr.xmin AS xmin_test_result, vutt.pk_test_org, vutt.pk_meta_test_type, epi.fk_health_issue AS
pk_health_issue,rtr.fk_reviewer AS pk_last_reviewer
>    FROM clin.test_result tr
>    LEFT JOIN clin.encounter cenc ON tr.fk_encounter = cenc.pk
>    LEFT JOIN clin.episode epi ON tr.fk_episode = epi.pk
>    LEFT JOIN clin.reviewed_test_results rtr ON tr.pk = rtr.fk_reviewed_row
>    LEFT JOIN clin.health_issue chi ON epi.fk_health_issue = chi.pk, clin.v_unified_test_types vutt
>    LEFT JOIN clin.test_org cto ON vutt.pk_test_org = cto.pk
>   WHERE tr.fk_type = vutt.pk_test_type;
>
>                     View "blobs.v_obj4doc_no_data"
>             Column             |           Type           | Modifiers
> -------------------------------+--------------------------+-----------
>  pk_patient                    | integer                  |
>  pk_obj                        | integer                  |
>  seq_idx                       | integer                  |
>  size                          | integer                  |
>  date_generated                | timestamp with time zone |
>  type                          | text                     |
>  l10n_type                     | text                     |
>  ext_ref                       | text                     |
>  episode                       | text                     |
>  doc_comment                   | text                     |
>  obj_comment                   | text                     |
>  filename                      | text                     |
>  pk_intended_reviewer          | integer                  |
>  reviewed                      | boolean                  |
>  reviewed_by_you               | boolean                  |
>  reviewed_by_intended_reviewer | boolean                  |
>  pk_doc                        | integer                  |
>  pk_type                       | integer                  |
>  pk_encounter                  | integer                  |
>  pk_episode                    | integer                  |
>  pk_health_issue               | integer                  |
>  xmin_doc_obj                  | xid                      |
> View definition:
>  SELECT vdm.pk_patient, dobj.pk AS pk_obj, dobj.seq_idx, octet_length(COALESCE(dobj.data, ''::bytea)) AS size,
vdm.clin_whenAS date_generated, vdm.type, vdm.l10n_type, vdm.ext_ref, vdm.episode, vdm.comment AS doc_comment,
dobj.commentAS obj_comment, dobj.filename, dobj.fk_intended_reviewer AS pk_intended_reviewer, (EXISTS ( SELECT 1
>            FROM blobs.reviewed_doc_objs
>           WHERE reviewed_doc_objs.fk_reviewed_row = dobj.pk)) AS reviewed, (EXISTS ( SELECT 1
>            FROM blobs.reviewed_doc_objs
>           WHERE reviewed_doc_objs.fk_reviewed_row = dobj.pk AND reviewed_doc_objs.fk_reviewer = (( SELECT staff.pk
>                    FROM dem.staff
>                   WHERE staff.db_user = "current_user"())))) AS reviewed_by_you, (EXISTS ( SELECT 1
>            FROM blobs.reviewed_doc_objs
>           WHERE reviewed_doc_objs.fk_reviewed_row = dobj.pk AND reviewed_doc_objs.fk_reviewer =
dobj.fk_intended_reviewer))AS reviewed_by_intended_reviewer, vdm.pk_doc, vdm.pk_type, vdm.pk_encounter, vdm.pk_episode,
vdm.pk_health_issue,dobj.xmin AS xmin_doc_obj
>    FROM blobs.v_doc_med vdm, blobs.doc_obj dobj
>   WHERE vdm.pk_doc = dobj.fk_doc;
>
>       View "dem.v_inbox_item_type"
>       Column      |  Type   | Modifiers
> ------------------+---------+-----------
>  type             | text    |
>  l10n_type        | text    |
>  category         | text    |
>  l10n_category    | text    |
>  is_user_type     | boolean |
>  is_user_category | boolean |
>  pk_type          | integer |
>  pk_category      | integer |
> View definition:
>  SELECT it.description AS type, _(it.description) AS l10n_type, ic.description AS category, _(ic.description) AS
l10n_category,it.is_user AS is_user_type, ic.is_user AS is_user_category, it.pk AS pk_type, it.fk_inbox_item_category
ASpk_category