Re: Displaying text appears as hex data - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael
Subject Re: Displaying text appears as hex data
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tues., Feb 08, 2011, Thom Brown wrote:
>On 8 February 2011 19:28, Andreas Kretschmer <akretschmer@spamfence.net> wrote:
>> Thom Brown <thom@linux.com> wrote:
>>        ^^^^

>>> That won't help as the msg column is actually text... for
>>> some reason.
>>
>> Are you sure? I know that problem from DRUPAL with 9.0.
>>
>I asked Michael to confirm the column type of msg and it turned out to
>be text.  No mention of the lo contrib module, so I guess that may
>possibly come into play, but I wouldn't know about that.

By the way if the data is indeed properly stored as text in the
database, why isn't it printed as text when using a plain SELECT?
The text data is printed as binary hex instead, what?!

...but the conversion works of course.

Regards,
Michael