data import: 12-hour time w/o AM/PM - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz
Subject data import: 12-hour time w/o AM/PM
Date
Re: data import: 12-hour time w/o AM/PM  (Andrej <andrej.groups@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-sql
I am importing data in CSV format. My technique is to COPY the data
into interim tables (starting with a "z") where I analyze them, clean
up inconsistencies; eventually I will populate the "proper" tables with
these data. (In the example below: COPY CSV into zevent, from there
populate event.)

The time field of the event data is givng me a headache: it's in 12h
format but without the AM/PM qualifier!

CREATE TABLE zevent
( id integer, previous integer, "next" integer, location_id integer NOT NULL, datum date NOT NULL, otime character
varying(5)NOT NULL
)

CREATE TABLE event
( id integer NOT NULL, location_fk integer NOT NULL, otime timestamp without time zone NOT NULL, next_fk integer,
previous_fkinteger, CONSTRAINT event_pkey PRIMARY KEY (id), CONSTRAINT next_event_fk FOREIGN KEY (next_fk)
REFERENCESevent (id) MATCH SIMPLE     ON UPDATE NO ACTION ON DELETE NO ACTION, CONSTRAINT previous_event_fk FOREIGN KEY
(previous_fk)    REFERENCES event (id) MATCH SIMPLE     ON UPDATE NO ACTION ON DELETE NO ACTION
)

From the date and time I want to create a timestamp.
I know that
- the events take place during the day, say between 10:30 and 22:30
- it's always a set of events at one location spaced about 30min apart
- the imported data are chained (have a link to previous/next event)

Have you got any idea how I could tackle this problem

--

Best Regards,
Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz