Re: REVIEW: EXPLAIN and nfiltered - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From hubert depesz lubaczewski
Subject Re: REVIEW: EXPLAIN and nfiltered
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 02:48:59PM -0500, Stephen Frost wrote:
> * Robert Haas (robertmhaas@gmail.com) wrote:
> > How much has that code been updated from one release to the next?
>
> Just an FYI, I talked to depesz on IRC (please chime in if you disagree
> with any of this) and he indicated that he's had to update the code
> from time to time, mostly because the parser was too strict.
>
> He also mentioned that he didn't feel it was terribly complicated or
> that it'd be difficult to update for this.  Looking over the code, it's
> got a simple regex for matching that line which would have to be
> updated, but I don't think it'd require much more than that.

i'll be happy to update the Pg::Explain to handle new elements of
textual plans, so if this would be of concern - please don't treat
"compatibility with explain.depesz.com" as your responsibility/problem.

I'll fix the parser (have to add json/xml parsing too anyway), and I,
too, would love to get more information.

Best regards,

depesz

--
Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/depesz  /  blog: http://www.depesz.com/