Re: OSX: Allow connection from remote host (actually from windows running in parallels) - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Andreas Kretschmer
Subject Re: OSX: Allow connection from remote host (actually from windows running in parallels)
Date
List pgsql-novice
Bill P. <maxarbos@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am trying to connect to my OSX installed version of PG from Windows XP SP3
> running in Parallels on my mac.
>
> When I try to connect, i get an error about no entry in the pg_hba.conf for the
> ip i am trying to connect to.
> I used pgAdmin3 to try to edit the file. postgresql.conf first to enable to the
> pg_hba.conf dir and then the pg_hba.conf file.

You have to edit the pg_hba.conf file on the server. I don't know if it
is possible with pgadmin, but i doubt ...

And i don't know what you mean with "edit the file. postgresql.conf
first to enable to the pg_hba.conf dir".

Andreas