Re: anti-join chosen even when slower than old plan - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Kenneth Marshall
Subject Re: anti-join chosen even when slower than old plan
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 03:56:25PM -0500, gnuoytr@rcn.com wrote:
> On a thread some time ago, on a similar subject, I opined that I missed the ability to assign tables to tablespaces
andbuffers to tablespaces, thus having the ability to isolate needed tables (perhaps a One True Lookup Table, for
example;or a Customer table) to memory without fear of eviction.

> I was sounding beaten about the face and breast.  It really is an "Enterprise" way of handling the situation.
>
> regards,
> Robert

ALTER TABLE can be used to change the tablespace of a table
and/or index.

Cheers,
Ken