Re: requested shared memory size overflows size_t

From: Kenneth Marshall
Subject: Re: requested shared memory size overflows size_t
Date: ,
List: pgsql-performance

Tree view

requested shared memory size overflows size_t  ("Uwe Bartels", )
 Re: requested shared memory size overflows size_t  (Tom Lane, )
  Re: requested shared memory size overflows size_t  ("Stephen Conley", )
 Re: requested shared memory size overflows size_t  (Tom Wilcox, )
  Re: requested shared memory size overflows size_t  ("Kevin Grittner", )
   Re: requested shared memory size overflows size_t  (Stephen Frost, )
  Re: requested shared memory size overflows size_t  (Bob Lunney, )
   Re: requested shared memory size overflows size_t  (Robert Haas, )
    Re: requested shared memory size overflows size_t  (Bob Lunney, )
  Re: requested shared memory size overflows size_t  (Joshua Tolley, )
 Re: requested shared memory size overflows size_t  (Bob Lunney, )
  Re: requested shared memory size overflows size_t  (Tom Wilcox, )
   Re: requested shared memory size overflows size_t  (Robert Haas, )
    Re: requested shared memory size overflows size_t  (Tom Wilcox, )
     Re: requested shared memory size overflows size_t  (Greg Smith, )
      Re: requested shared memory size overflows size_t  (Tom Wilcox, )
       Re: requested shared memory size overflows size_t  (Kenneth Marshall, )
        Re: requested shared memory size overflows size_t  (Greg Smith, )
         Re: requested shared memory size overflows size_t  (Craig James, )
          Re: requested shared memory size overflows size_t  (Alvaro Herrera, )
           Re: System tables screwed up? (WAS requested shared memory size overflows size_t)  (Craig James, )
            Re: System tables screwed up? (WAS requested shared memory size overflows size_t)  (Alvaro Herrera, )
           Re: requested shared memory size overflows size_t  (Robert Haas, )
            Re: requested shared memory size overflows size_t  (Jim Montgomery, )
   Re: requested shared memory size overflows size_t  (Dave Crooke, )
    Re: requested shared memory size overflows size_t  (Tom Wilcox, )
     Re: requested shared memory size overflows size_t  (Dave Crooke, )
      Re: requested shared memory size overflows size_t  (Tom Wilcox, )
   Re: requested shared memory size overflows size_t  (Greg Smith, )
    Re: requested shared memory size overflows size_t  (Scott Carey, )

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 12:46:11AM +0100, Tom Wilcox wrote:
> On 17/06/2010 22:41, Greg Smith wrote:
>> Tom Wilcox wrote:
>>> Any suggestions for good monitoring software for linux?
>>
>> By monitoring, do you mean for alerting purposes or for graphing purposes?
>>  Nagios is the only reasonable choice for the former, while doing at best
>> a mediocre job at the latter.  For the later, I've found that Munin does a
>> good job of monitoring Linux and PostgreSQL in its out of the box
>> configuration, in terms of providing useful activity graphs.  And you can
>> get it to play nice with Nagios.
>>
> Thanks Greg. Ill check Munin and Nagios out. It is very much for graphing
> purposes. I would like to be able to perform objective,
> platform-independent style performance comparisons.
>
> Cheers,
> Tom

Zabbix-1.8+ is also worth taking a look at and it can run off our
favorite database. It allows for some very flexible monitoring and
trending data collection.

Regards,
Ken